A sustainable holiday: is that even possible?
While many people talk about the mindful use of energy and resources, it often remains mere rhetoric, especially during the holidays, when people seek an escape from the daily grind. Rest assured, at the Boutiquehotel Grandau, we care deeply about environmental protection. Our commitment to sustainability is backed up with concrete actions. Simply put, we get involved and work tirelessly to improve what we already have. How do you benefit from our commitment to the environment while on holiday? Find out here.
More than green excellence
- Our state-of-the-art wood chip heating system provides a cosy atmosphere in a climate-friendly way.
- Our solar energy system uses the power of the sun to supply hot water, e.g., in the spa area.
- The heat recovery pumps feed into the hot water system to reduce unnecessary energy loss.
- Thanks to the conversion to 100% LED lighting, we consume less electricity with full light output.
- The clay plaster in our rooms provides a healthy, natural living climate.
- Our biodegradable cleaning agents with automatic dosing systems are gentle on your skin and lungs – and, of course, on the environment.
And we do even more for you and the environment...
- Our certified recycled paper saves trees.
- We do not use individually packaged food for the breakfast buffet and minimise plastic waste.
- The products for our well-being treatments are certified organic, which means they are good for your skin and for our planet. We source them from the Vorarlberg-based producer bluvion.
- We reduce transport distances and greenhouse gases by cooking with regional ingredients and fresh herbs from our own herb garden wherever possible. This preserves many more nutrients, and the dishes from our kitchen are healthier and taste better.